Ashesi President, Patrick Awuah, has been selected as one of the top ten most respected CEOs in Ghana. The ranking of Chief Executive Officers for 2009 involved surveys of 208 CEOs and was organized by PricewaterhouseCoopers and The Business and Financial Times. The ranking is conducted every two years to identify individuals and companies who are recognized by their peers as engendering good corporate practice.
This is the first time the head of a nonprofit or educational institution has been selected among the top ten. It is a strong vote of confidence from corporate Ghana for the work we are doing at Ashesi, and a great honour.
Ghana's Most Respected CEO
- Prince Kofi Amoabeng, UT Financial Services
- Ken Ofori-Atta, Databank Group Limited
- Kwasi Twum, Multimedia Group Limited
- Tony Oteng Gyasi, Tropical Cables and Conductors
- Alhaji Asumah Bandah, Antrac
- Joyce Ayeh, Ghana Chamber of Mines*
Philip Sowah, Zain Country Manager*
- Albert Ocran, Combert Impressions
- Patrick Awuah, Ashesi University
- Martin Mensah, Kasapreko
- Ernest Bediako, Ernest Chemist*
David Venn, Vodafone*
Ghana’s 10 Most Respected Companies (In descending order)
UT Financial Services, MTN, Unilever, Databank, Guinness Ghana, Multimedia, Nestle, Coca Cola, Zain, Ecobank.