To support the Director of Finance in creating, developing and maintaining financial models for the Budget and Finance Department.
Ashesi University is seeking a Budget officer with financial modelling skills to improve and maintain its budget and forecasting models to forecast the overall financial impact of the University's Revenue, operating and capital expenditure, and asset management programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance the Budget Officer will specifically undertake the following activities:
- collate the University’s departmental budgets and analyse the effect of capital expenditure, revenue and asset management initiatives on the University’s debt, capacity, cash flow and revenues
- Gather financial information for input into financial models
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand the input requirements of the models
- Undertake scenario analysis
- Support wider team with excel skills
- Undertake any other tasks as and when requested by Line Manager.
- Excellent MS Excel spreadsheet skills, conversant with the use offormulas, functions, charts, macros and VBA, and use of advanced tools such as formula auditing, pivot table reports, statistical functions
- Strong programming skills:Experience of use of MS VBA for Applications as used in MS Office suite (especially Excel). Knowledge of other programming languages/applications (C++, Matlab, SQL, statistical packages) would be an advantage
- a basic understanding of accounting concepts and Accounting, Finance & Valuationinvestment appraisal techniques including NPV, DCF, IRR etc.
- Knowledge and Commitment to clear, structured financial modelling techniques, tools and concepts
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and be able to articulate clearly, confidently and professionally to stakeholders
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity
- Problem solving ability
- Creates and promotes open communication;
- Ability to translate complex technical terms and ideas to a non-technical audience, both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent attention to detail, a proactive approach to achieving key results, and a high level of thoroughness
- Dynamic self-motivated individual with evidence of innovation and initiative
- Ability to engage stakeholder and earn trust to source required data and information;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to transform theoretical knowledge into practical, real-world situations
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce clear and concise feedback/reports to supervisors
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Understanding of need for confidentially of information associated with third party data
Required Skills and Experience
- A numerate first degree or equivalent (for example in Finance/Maths/MIS/Engineering)
- Demonstrated proficiency with financial analysis and modelling techniques/tools;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel formulas and functions
Interested persons should send an email including the following to email@example.com.