Reports to: Associate Director of Career Services
Job Summary: Implement and coordinate career services and placement programs for students and Alumni
- Implement and coordinate a variety of programs, activities and functions to provide information and counseling services to designated students and alumni concerning career opportunities and employment trends
- Establish and maintain liaison with representatives of organizations and non-profit organizations, promote recruiting visits and to expand and promote employment opportunities; discuss personnel needs and career opportunities with employer representatives; develop contacts in new areas as appropriate to meet student needs
- Counsel students to assist them in establishing realistic career plans and objectives; provide assistance in resume preparation and interview techniques through individual and group workshops
- Update the career services website
- Develop department’s Social Media Presence
- Coordinate the Work Study Programme for students
- Assist with the planning and organization of seminars, workshops e.g. career fairs in partnership with corporate bodies and other career related topics as identified
- Identify and recruit summer placement and internship opportunities for students in a variety of areas and assist students with matching skills to these opportunities
- Work closely with Alumni and the Alumni Office to assist Alumni in identified areas where they require assistance (e.g. graduate school applications)
- Offer guidance to Alumni in managing the transition from school to the corporate environment and assisting them handle the opportunities and challenges that come with it
- Coordinate assigned programs and activities as appropriate, including, but not limited to, mentoring program, mock interview program and taping of placement events
- Maintain records of placement activities and prepare special reports and analysis illustrating current employment trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions
- Contribute to the creation of office publications as assigned
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Master's degree in a discipline directly related to psychology, career development and planning, student counseling or employer-college relations will be preferred.
- Excellent skills in Excel
- Great people and social media management skills
- Great presentation skills
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar role/in a role that makes use of skills required for this role.
- Be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the career services department within the organization.
This position requires that the jobholder is proactive, takes initiative, and displays a high level of maturity and confidentiality in handling issues that come to his/her attention. He / She must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, must be well organized and be able to multitask. The desired candidate must be able to work very well in a team and must possess excellent analytical and qualitative skills.
Ethical behavior is of prime importance in this role.
Kindly submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Note that only successful applicants will be contacted.