The mission of Ashesi University is to educate ethical, entrepreneurial leaders in Africa; to cultivate within students, the critical thinking skills, concern for others, and the courage it will take to transform our continent.
Reporting to the Provost and serving on the Academic Council, the Dean of Arts and Sciences provides leadership in curricular, instructional, fundraising, and research affairs in the Faculty of Arts of Sciences which includes the departments of Computer Science, Business Administration, and a multidisciplinary core curriculum in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
The University is seeking an inspired and entrepreneurial Dean to strengthen and shape the excellence of one of Ghana’s finest institutions of Higher learning. The Dean will be responsible for ensuring high-quality and economically efficient programs in Computer Science, Business Administration and other disciplines that reflects the university’s mission and educates graduates capable of designing and building solutions to address Africa’s challenges. The ability to work well with colleagues from a wide range of academic disciplines and administrative functions such finance, operations, and student services, is crucial in this role.
The Dean oversees the academic integrity of the faculty and supports long-range planning; curriculum; research; grant writing; and program development. The Dean works with the Provost to ensure compliance with accreditation agencies.
Working with academic deans and other senior executives, the successful candidate will be responsible for recruiting, retaining, and supporting an outstanding faculty to make positive contributions in teaching; research & innovation; and service. The successful Dean will inspire and foster a strong spirit of collegiality and shared accomplishment between faculty members and administrative staff.
- A PhD in a field relevant to the University’s Multidisciplinary core curriculum in the humanities and social sciences, Business Administration, or Computer Science
- An academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor, or their Equivalent
- A minimum of ten (10) years teaching/research/industrial experience in higher education
- Qualified candidates seeking a two-year sabbatical for this role will be considered
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A statement of teaching and learning philosophy, a statement of scholarship interests, and statement of interest in leading Ashesi’s Arts and Sciences programme
- Name and contact information of three professional references