Ashesi is seeking applicants with a Ph.D., M. Phil, or Master’s degree in a relevant field for a full-time faculty position teaching courses such Social Theory, African Studies Electives, Leadership, Written & Oral Communication, and/or Text & Meaning.
Ashesi University College is a world class liberal arts university located at Berekuso, approximately an hours’ drive from Accra, Ghana’s capital city. Presently, Ashesi University College offers a liberal arts core curriculum and majors in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Engineering. Ashesi Faculty have multicultural backgrounds and share a passion for teaching and a dedication to the needs of students, with collaborations across a wide range of research interests.
General Requirements for Faculty Positions:
- PhD, M. Phil, or Master’s degree with teaching and research experience in a relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about applying best practices in pedagogy to the teaching of courses in the humanities at the undergraduate level
- Demonstrated capability in the use of computer technology
- Familiarity with the liberal arts method of instruction; an undergraduate education at a liberal arts college is a plus
- Willingness and ability to teach and continuously evolve cross-disciplinary liberal arts curricula
Prospective faculty should submit the following as part of their application
- Brief overview of research interests
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A one to two-page statement of teaching philosophy, explaining the benefits of the proposed approach to teaching and learning
- Names and contact addresses of three professional references, of whom at least two can directly attest to teaching and student counselling capabilities or potential
Send application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Successful applicant will begin teaching start date in January 2019